- We had a wonderful but all too brief trip to Chicago over Thanksgiving. There was time for celebrating and relaxing with family over the holiday and then a little time for fun and merriment with friends in the city (for me, poor Adam had to head back). It was great to be in Chicago and thankfully my previously mentioned homesickness had long since passed. :)
- Both my sisters and nephew came for a weekend visit shortly after my return, and as always we had a great time being together and shopping and eating our way around Seattle.
- My parents made their inaugural visit to our new place in Seattle. They just couldn't abide the thought that we would be all alone on Christmas. They came to our rescue and it was such a blessing to have them with us: to show them our lives here, to celebrate Christmas together, to enjoy mom's delicious Christmas dinners AND baking, and to simply enjoy each other's company in a relaxed setting.
- Because I'm perpetually homesick for Calgary I returned with mom and dad for a week. I just loved spending time at home and in the house I grew up in. It's always so good for my soul to be there. I got to spend time with family, friends, enjoy some Calgary shopping and, of course, a Flames game. I was also really happy to see some snow and have some more seasonal weather. While I love the mild climate here, it just didn't feel quite as Christmas-y wandering around Seattle with no coat on the 25th of December.
- It's been less than three weeks since I returned to Seattle and it feels like forever - in a good way. I love this city, and I love our life here. I was very happy to return to it. Since then, I turned 28 years old, celebrated birthdays and engagements with friends and have spent entire weekends with Adam (the first in a really long time). It's been a really fun three weeks!
- This last weekend my amazing friend, Sarah Zimmerman, hopped on a plane last minute and came to visit. I love every minute I get to spend with her and it was so much fun showing her Seattle for the first time and a good excuse to check some new things off our list. Highlights include a trip to Bainbridge, some great food, a hilarious karaoke bar and an award winning performance by Adam, and some beautiful weather and sights. My goal is to get everyone I love to move to Seattle and I think I made some progress with Sarah.
- We're heading out of town this weekend (for my birthday) and anxiously anticipating our three weeks of vacation in February and March. We'll be in Vancouver for a few days during the Olympics, heading down to Northern California to visit Angie, Neil & Sharol and see some sights, and meeting up with friends in Vegas. So much to look forward to, and so much planning to do!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
everything in between
It's been quite some time since my last blog entry. I've been meaning to post, but have been busy and largely uninspired. While I don't usually use this blog to update people on our specific activities, so many notable things have happened since my last post that I feel the need to share them with you all.